Chettinad masala rice
Basmati rice 1 cup
Carrot chopped 1 no
Beans chopped ¼ cup
Capsicum chopped 1 no
Big onion sliced 2 no
Tomato chopped 1 small
Curry leaves 1 sprig
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Gingelly oil 1 tbsp
Ghee 2 tsp
Coriander,mint leaves for garnish
For dry roast and grind
Black pepper ½ tsp
Cumin seeds ½ tsp
Fennel seeds ½ tsp
Khus khus ½ tsp
Dry red chili 4 no
Cardamom 1 no
Clove 2 no
Cinnamon 1 small piece
Star anise and kalpasi each small piece
Coriander powder 1 tsp or coriander seeds 2 tbsp
- First dry roast items given. Cool down to room temperature. Then grind it into a fine powder.(if you are using coriander powder for roasting,after roasting the given items and switch off the flame then add powder, mix it well, then grind it)
- Soat the rice for 20 min. Then add 1 ¼ cup of water and 1 tsp of ghee or oil. Mix it well and cook for 1 whistle.
- Heat a kadai with ghee and oil. Once oil heats, add sliced onion and curry leaves.
- Then add ginger garlic paste. Saute well. Once raw smell goes add chopped carrots and beans. Mix it well.
- Then add chopped tomatoes. Saute well. Once tomatoes are cooks well, add turmeric powder and roasted masala powder. Mix it well.
- Then add chopped capsicum and salt. Mix it well. Then add cooked rice. Mix it carefully.
- Garnish with coriander and mint leaves.
for more recipes please visit mysamayalsnaps.com